Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Orlando Trip




Well it's been awhile since I've blogged but I've been very busy since my trip to Florida. Before I tell you about my trip, let me first tell you that I have been sleeping through the night for over a week now! I even sleep in my crib which I never really liked before. Mommy and Daddy also had their first night out alone, just the two of them. Aunt Jilly was in town for a little visit and she babysat me! I'm not sure who had more fun--me, Jill, or Mom & Dad!! I also made my first trip to Chicago. Yes, it was yet another wedding planning trip. By the time this wedding finally rolls around, I'm going to be an expert wedding planner! I met most of Jilly's bridesmaids in the city for a very frigid day of dress shopping. Brr! They picked one so I don't have to go to anymore bridal stores (oh, Mom just reminded me I'll probably have to go along for all the alteration appointments--ugh!) Now about my big trip...I had a super time in Florida! My first airplane ride went great. I barely made a peep the whole time. The bathroom where Mommy had to change my diaper was very tiny and chilly but that's ok. When we landed in Orlando, Aunt Jilly and Uncle Eric were there to greet us. I couldn't believe how warm it was--I had never felt that before since Wisconsin is so cold. We loaded up the car and drove back to the house in Winter Park where I finally got to meet Yogi. He's a great doggie and much more interested in me than Chaz. I loved to look at him up close. We went to a pizza place called Mellow Mushroom for dinner. I did pretty well but as soon as the food came I got grumpy. Oops! The next day was very busy. We had breakfast on Park Avenue in Winter Park and did lots of wedding stuff. While Mommy was trying on bridesmaid dresses I pooped in Grandma's hand and on her leg. Good thing she caught it so it didn't go on the silk chair she was sitting in! The rest of the day the girls dragged me around to look at more dresses and wedding invitations. I wish I could have watched football with the guys! That night we had a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant right on a lake. I was a good boy again, except I had another poop explosion (2nd of 3 while I was there) while Grandma was holding me. At least I kept it inside my clothes this time! Sunday morning we had to leave the house at 4 a.m. for the marathon. That was very early for the grownups but I like to wake up and eat then so it didn't really matter to me. I slept in the stroller for most of the marathon anyway. Jilly did great! She even let me wear her Mickey Mouse medal afterwards. I got to see a little bit of Disney World and Epcot Center and got to ride the monorail twice. On Monday, we went to Cocoa Beach and I got to see the ocean and feel the sand between my toes! It was kind of scratchy but I laughed the whole time. We had a great trip and I loved spending time with Aunt Jilly, Uncle Eric and Yogi. I'm so glad Grandma Neese and Grandpa Al took me to Florida with them! It was awesome! I did really miss Daddy though. It was great to visit him at work when we got back. He was glad to see me too! Here's a few pictures from the trip. I'll put more in a slideshow once everyone sends me their photos. Enjoy!

No comments: