Saturday, February 16, 2008

Spring Training


The pitchers and catchers reported to spring training last week so I'm gearing up for my first baseball season. I can't wait to see the defending NL Central Champion Chicago Cubs in action! I heard Carlos Zambrano is going to start against the Brewers on opening day at Wrigley Field so I really hope he gets the "W." Mommy and Daddy have been talking a lot about Kosuke Fukudome too. I think they are hoping those will be my first words! It has been 100 years since the Cubbies won the World Series. I predict, just like Ryan Dempster, that this will be "the year." Daddy says he may even let me watch a little TV when the Cubs are on WGN, this baseball stuff is great!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

He is getting so BIG!!!!! He looks like a little man...

Christan said...

Carter, I hope you are right about Dempster (aka "The Dumpster" around the Royer household). I am holding out hope! We are ready for baseball to start, too! I am getting my Zambrano jersey ready for opening day! Hopefully your mom and dad will take you to your first game soon! Wrigley is so much fun!

Cooper and Brecken said...

Hi Carter. I miss you. I noticed in the post before this, you barfed on your daddy. I am guessing that was right after he told you that you had to wear that Cubs onesie. I am sorry you can't walk yet because I know that you would have ran away. I know this because you live in Wisconsin and are going to grow up to be a Brewers fan like a good little boy.

Addyson said...

I love the Cubbies too! My Daddy convinced me to be a Packers fan, but my Mommy convinced me to be a Cubbies fan! We need to have a chat with Cooper I think!